Sunday, April 1, 2012

2012 Disney Movie Madness Tournament-The Fantasy Four

Round 3 of this years tournament is the first of two rounds where movies can become champions. In the closest voting of the entire tournament the Bracket Winners have been chosen. 3 out of 4 of the races were decided by 1 vote. For the first time in the tournament I had to cast the deciding vote in, not just one, but two races. There was only one "landslide" winner in Round 3. 

Here are the Bracket Champions:

Pixar: Finding Nemo
2nd Golden Age: The Lion King
Story Book: Snow White
Animal Tales: 101 Dalmatians

I must say that I agree with 3 of the 4 choices. I am extremely disappointed that The Jungle Book didn't make it to the Semi-Finals. My vote for Mogli, Balloo and company left the movie's tally 1 vote short. But no use 

So now it's onto the "Fantasy Four" Here are the Match Ups: 

Semi-Final 1: Finding Nemo VS Lion King: This is a contest between the two films that will decide which will represent the "After Walt" era of Disney animation in the tournament championship match up. 

Semi-Final 2: Snow White VS 101 Dalmatians: Walt Disney produced both of these Finalists. They will represent his legacy in this tournament. One of these films has been the overwhelming choice in all rounds so far. I won't mention which one it is but I don't see the pattern changing in this round at all. 

There you have your match ups. You have until 10PM Tuesday night April 3 to cast your vote. Choose who you want to be the last 2 movies standing. Get your choices to me by message on FB or emailing me at Rewindguy909@aol.com

A tournament winner is on the horizon. All you have to do is let your vote make that film the winner of Disney Movie Madness.