Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Joining The Club

As a consistently active reader I am always finding new and interesting books to read; but especially if it's a book about Disney. I just finished reading the biography of Roy O. Disney in March.
Having finished that book I was looking for my next Disney book.  I had downloaded samples of a couple of titles on my Kindle but hadn’t decided.
A couple of weeks ago, Lou Mongello, author of the Walt Disney World Trivia books and the man behind the WDW Radio podcast and website, announced the formation of the WDW Radio book club.
Each month Lou will announce a Disney book of the month and anyone who wants to participate in the club should read the book and then participate in an online discussion.
This book club is right up my alley. Because with all the Disney books I read I’ve always wanted to have someone to discuss them with. But very rarely have I ever found someone who has read the same book. I have encouraged other people who are Disney fans to read the books so we could discuss them but no one has ever taken me up on the challenge.
The first book selected by the WDW Radio Book Club is one that I’ve been waiting to read for quite some time. It’s “Kingdom Keepers 4: Powerplay” by Ridley Pierson.
I’ve already listened to the audio versions of the first 3 Kingdom Keepers books. I had decided that when the fourth book was released I would buy it for my Kindle and actually read it this time.
So last week I began reading Kingdom Keepers 4. I am really enjoying it. So far I’m about 1/3 of the way through it. I’m way ahead of the reading schedule set up by the WDW Radio Book Club.
Still I look forward to participating in the online discussion of the book once it starts. I encourage anyone who likes to read Disney books to join Lou’s book club. To find out more information just log onto http://www.wdwradio.com/ and click on the blog section. Look for the posts that have “Book Club” in the title.