Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Next Disney Trip Will Be A "Dream" Or A "Fantasy"

With the launch of the "Dream" in January and the "Fantasy" scheduled to sail early next year the Disney Cruise Line will have expanded by 2 ships by the time our 10th anniversary comes around in December 2012.

I'm always willing and even anxious to find any excuse to go back to Walt Disney World. After our trip for my birthday last September my wife is willing to consider another trip to the parks in the future...the "distant" future. In Paula's mind that means no earlier than 2014 or 2015.

But, as I mentioned earlier, we have a special anniversary coming up in less than 2 years. We have always talked about doing something special for our 10th anniversary. We have talked about going to Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon or maybe an Alaskan cruise.

Something happened this past January that may have very well settled the question of the destination of the 10th anniversary trip. As part of the media blitz of publicity that accompanied the launch of the Disney Dream Paula saw a TV special about Disney's latest and greatest cruise liner. Her eyes glazed over when they focused on the ship's spa.

Paula loves to go to the spa and be pampered. What woman doesn't? When she told me about how great she thought the spa on the Dream looked I asked her if she would like to go on a cruise on the Dream for our 10 anniversary. She asked me when we could book it.

So it looks like I'm going to have to start planning a Disney vacation that's going to take place a bit earlier than I had anticipated. Just to let you know I was smiling as I typed that last sentence.

A 10th anniversary cruise on the Disney Dream or the Disney Fantasy is now on the radar. Now Lou Mongello of the WDW Radio Podcast has made an initial announcement that there is going to be a WDW Radio Cruise in the fall of 2012. But he has yet to announce the specific dates. If it happens on dates that will work for us perhaps we'll be a part of that trip.

But its still to soon to know. The last time I looked on the Disney website it was only offering information for cruises as far out as August 2012. That's a little soon for us. I'll have to keep checking for later in the year.

But it looks like we'll be going back to a Disney venue in 2012. It's going to be a "Dream" or a "Fantasy" come true.